As a woman who seeks a life of non-violence and peace-keeping, I do not like to use language relating to war or violence. I do, however, find that language to be completely appropriate in some circumstances. Today’s thought: sometimes life feels like a battlefield.
- I’m in uncomfortable situations and my internal boundaries are challenged
- navigating relationships
- faced with the angst of career versus calling
- my beliefs are challenged
- the certain becomes uncertain
- the weather changes and I have to readjust my mind and routine
- a family member or friend passes away
- I feel as if I’m on the edge of a cliff, and must decide to jump
- my heart and mind are shouting opposite thoughts (jealousy, yet joy)
- I don’t want to be in this place v. i don’t want to be anywhere else
- I am not motivated, but I see goals and want them to be met (this makes zero sense. I know this.)
- I want to be an adult, but want the mindset of a child
- love v. fear
We (I) are always fighting for tomorrow, while trying to enjoy today. It’s a losing battle, when we fight on our own. This is why I choose peace. I choose to seek peace because I believe that Jesus is the Christ, who miraculously (as crazy as it sounds) still lives. A part of God that was a gift to me, to you, so that we no longer have to fight these battles. All of the angst and pain and uncertainties are just passing through, trying to keep us distant from the peace and truth that is already here. Jesus came to bring peace, and I’m choosing today, in the middle of the battles raging in my mind and spirit, to trust that I have already been fought for. I have the option AND the authority to tell Satan he has already lost. When I choose to exercise that authority, these battles above no longer have their control. Jesus, the Christ, the son of God, has won.
10Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God…