Category Archives: Community

Week in review

Did you catch these posts this week? Nadia Bolz-Weber writes honestly about our need for a solution from addiction. What’s that? You don’t have an addiction? Well, read this for the people who do. Michael Hyatt ventures into talking … Continue reading

Community ,

Week in review

Looking for new things to read? Here’s what kept me busy all week: Who is Mark Driscoll and what is the kerfuffle about? New book: Jesus, My Father, the CIA, and Me: A Memoir…of sorts by Ian Morgan Cron. … Continue reading

Community ,

Week in review

Is it Friday already? Here’s what kept me busy all week: Next Monday, we are celebrating the Independence of the United States.  We love our country, and we love celebrating. Other countries celebrate, too. My good friend, Shelly, writes about … Continue reading

Community ,

Week in review

I’m out at the Wild Goose Festival, but I didn’t want to leave you with empty space! Here are two good posts that I read this week, and a website as a bonus. For those who hurt by Bethany Comparison, … Continue reading

Community ,

Week in review

Wow – Great reading this week! Here’s what I’ve been reading on the web. We are our fathers’ children, but we are not their choices by Max Andrew Dubinsky for A Deeper Story.  I liked this post so much that … Continue reading

Community ,

Don’t let the spirit of fear destroy you

The spirit of fear comes to destroy us, if we let it. Learning how to choose peace instead of fear takes practice. Where do you start? Today I’m writing about my most recent fearful experience, and how I dealt with … Continue reading

Community , ,

Compassion in community

The same Sarah that I mentioned in a previous post, came to visit me, so I’m finally reading her favorite book, Compassion by Henri Nouwen. She sent it to me months ago, and I read a few chapters but got … Continue reading

Community

Marge, and the story she tells

I just re-read some old posts, and I noticed that I have the same themes repeating in my life. I feel a little bit like I’m repeating the same lessons, ideas, struggles, or dreams. I have been influenced by certain … Continue reading

Community , ,

Week in review

There’s are a lot of blogs written each day. You may not read the same ones that I do, so this is your chance to read what I’m reading. Here’s a few posts I read this week that I really … Continue reading

Community ,

Week in review

There’s no way that all of my thoughts come from nowhere. I’m influenced by awesome thinkers along the way. Here’s a few posts I read this week that I really enjoyed. A Handy Guide for Dealing With Manipulative People by … Continue reading

Community ,